The holidays usually come with a big to-do list, which only adds to the stress of the season. That is why more people are outsourcing their holiday lighting projects to professionals. Instead of braving heights and cold weather, they are hiring companies to design, install, and maintain holiday lighting displays. In this post, we’ll look at the pros and cons of this approach so that you can decide whether these services are right for you.
Pros of Outsourcing Your Lighting Project
- Safety. You can leave scaling ladders and traversing roofs up to the professionals who have the tools, training, and skills to handle heights.
- Convenience. Everyone is pressed for time during the holidays. Hiring a professional lighting service means that you will have more time to spend with your friends and family.
- Quality. The professionals will be able to design a stunning display, use the latest products on the market, and offer tidy installation with special attention to detail. Your house will have the best looking lights on the block, complete with color-coordinated cords.
- Maintenance. If a bulb goes out, no worries. Holiday lighting services include maintenance so that all it takes is a phone call to restore your display.
- Removal. If there is anything worse than putting up lights, it is taking them down. Professional removal services will prevent any damage and neatly store your lights so no one has to deal with a tangled mess of wires next holiday season.
Cons of Holiday Lighting Services
- Cost. Unlike the DIY holiday lighting approach, hiring a professional does cost money. However, you may find that the services offer great value once you weigh the pros and cons.
- Tradition. For some people, hanging the holiday lights is a sacred tradition and part of what brings them holiday cheer. They would never consider outsourcing their lights.
It is easy to see why holiday lighting services have become increasingly popular in recent years. While hanging lights is an age-old tradition, it isn’t always fun and games. For those who want to enjoy holiday lights without the hassle, hiring a professional may be the way to go. To learn more about what is included in holiday lighting services, visit JT’s Landscaping and learn about our partnership with Brite Light Creations.